Saturday, January 3, 2009

1990 Topps


So since I discovered that I had NOT in fact lost my personal collection checklist, I've begun entering cards into the spreadsheet to get a handle on just exactly what I have. I'm working on getting my 1990 Topps entered in - it looks I'm going to almost have the complete set with just a few cards needed to complete it. But the one card I really really really want from this set is the no name on front Frank Thomas. Any collector worth his salt knows this card. Frank Thomas' rookie card was in this set, #414, and Topps produced some error cards that didn't have his name on the front. Now, I was 8 or 9 years old at the time, but I remember when I found out these existed they were going for like $1300 or something like that. I have no idea what they go for now, but I'm sure it's not that much. Maybe I'll check out eBay and see if any of these are for sale. A few years ago I bought a couple of wax boxes of 1990 Topps on eBay hoping to stumble across one of these cards, but no luck. I don't even know if they were in those boxes originally or not.
This is the 1990 Topps card that I really want in my collection. Someday I'll have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search